Do You Need Uninsured Motorist Property Damage (UMPD)?

Updated: Feb 28

Uninsured motorist property damage (UMPD) can be helpful if you do not have collision insurance for your car. Underinsured motorist property damage (UIMPD) coverage applies when the at-fault driver has inadequate insurance coverage.

Underinsured motorist property damage coverage (UMPD) is not restricted only to vehicle damage. Depending on the circumstances and your state, it may also cover you if the underinsured driver destroys your fence, mailbox, or other personal property.

Even if your state does not require you to carry this coverage, it may still be a good idea to have it. Talk to your independent insurance advisor to learn more about Uninsured Motorist Property Damage (UMPD).

1 view0 comments